PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking

Kell
28-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Lo FTA dudes, didnt get any response from the ::BR:: lot regarding this and I know at least a couple of you boys like a mod and a tweak...

I have two questions.

1. I have a 2.4Ghz P4 533FSB running on a so so ASUS board, I want to give it a bit of an overclocking, the question is by what factor can I get away with? I was thinking of pushing it up to 2.6 or even 2.8 if I can get away with it. I'm going to re-install the PC probe to monitor temperature and switch on the two other case fans. I've kind of answered my own questions but I was looking for some guidlines and tips to look out for really.

2. I'm getting a 6800 GT, some articles I have read have suggested that it's possible to crank these up to the same speed the XT (400Mhz).
Firstly, are there any additional power requirments I need to take into consideration, I have a 360W PSU. Secondly if I want to overclock the gfx card, can I do this in conjunction with overclocking the FSB of the MB or is this recipe for disaster?

I knwo this is a bit of a needy first post, but Im trying to get specced up for Doom 3 and I have limited cash to spend doing so.

Thankyou in advance
Kell :cool:

Knappster
28-07-2004, 09:36 PM
I can't answer all your questions but I can give a tip, get a x800 xt!!! don't even touch the 6800's they are wank. They use up to much power for their performance and they cost far to much. They might have more features than the x800's but those features won't be used for another year or so, and when they are the 6800's will be obsolete.

Daggz
28-07-2004, 09:56 PM
get a x800pro. I got one.