PDA

View Full Version : Computer problems, help!!!!!

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 09:32 AM
lo m8s
2 weeks ago, my computer crashed. I had just played a training with the bf:v guys, and then, I thought that I could try and update my graphic card, which i had a special program to do it in. (think it's something with ASUS or Geforce something, i'm not good at computers after all)
I downloaded something from Germany, and then the serious problems came.
Before, I couldn't start some programs like Office and I had some problems with Windows installer and Installshield. I didn't think much about it, because i had my bf:v and i was happy:P
But after i download the god damn thing, i tried to install it, but cancelled it. It sad that I could get problems with my computer if I did, so I didn't.
First, the problems were that the computer restarted all the time. I couldn't start windows in normal, and sometimes not even in "security".
I got a message from the computer which said: That it was something wrong with the computers BIOS and/or ACPI, and I think i fixed that, but not sure...
Then, I got a Windows XP Professional cd from my brother, but stupid as I am i did it all wrong. Instead of deleting everything on the computer, the computer tried to reinstall windows, but it only came to 21 % or sometimes not even that long.
The computer wants to reinstall windows (it has its own will), and I don't know what to do. When I restart the computer, it can't start windows in any "mode", instead the screen turns blue and a text message comes up and says that it's something wrong with this and that.
At the same time, I got some problems with my aquariums and 2 "horny" african cichlids whos attacking and killed (me cries a lot) my tiniest cichlid female, and an old bastard, female cichlid helped them. (you all know how it is;)) :hump:
Could anyone help me??? :help: :help: :help: :help:
(i hope I got it all right)

//Gaidin

Humour
04-09-2004, 09:53 AM
m8 its kind of difficult to establish what your problem may be from your post. It sounds like you may have various problems.

My suggestion would be to move any data you want from your main drive (assuming you can log into windows) to another drive (if you have one) and do a clean install of XP. By clean I mean when you get prompted by the instalation to reformat your hard drive you hit yes (but dont do it before you have removed any data you want to keep). With a clean install and all the XP updates on your computer you should have trouble free puter time.

I just had to go through all that and it took me around 6 hrs to get everything up and running again.

Hope this helps.

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 09:58 AM
yea, I know that I should do that, but the problem is that i can't find any "yes" botton where they ask me if I want to do it...
(i know that it was a lot of problems at the same time)

//Gaidin

Humour
04-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Assuming you are ready to install XP (have CD and key) and have backed up your data, do the following:

1. Put the WIN XP disc in your CDROM drive.

2. Reboot - and go to the BIOS settings.

3. Change first boot device to CDROM, second and third dont matter as long as one of those two is selected as HDD-0. Save BIOS and EXIT.

4. When going through POST you will see an option for about 10 seconds which should say "PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD" Press a key, this will initialize setup from the WIN XP disc in your drive.

5. Then just follow the instructions on the screen and you will eventually get to a section where you will have to select wher you want XP to be installed (assuming you have more than 1 HHD installed). Be sure to select the drive letter where your current OS is isntalled, then you will get an option to reformat your disk in NTFS format, just follow the instructions on the screen m8.

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 01:51 PM
I got some of that, but where is the BIOS settings? (where can I find it?)
remember you are talking a a newb when it comes to computer related issiues...

//Gaidin

Rex Hunt
04-09-2004, 01:56 PM
When you start the pc m8 watch your screen and it should say what button to press to get into bios if not it usually is delete on the keypad to get you in there just keep pressing it if your not sure when to.

Humour
04-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I got some of that, but where is the BIOS settings? (where can I find it?)
remember you are talking a a newb when it comes to computer related issiues...

//Gaidin

In that case you should probably be asking a friend who knows a bit about puters to do it for you, else you may do more damage than good tbh m8 :rolleyes:

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 02:48 PM
could it be worse...?:P

//gaidin

Baz
04-09-2004, 03:45 PM
tbh get someone with skills to show you
else bad things will happen!

GAZ
04-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Can you set your pc up next to the one you are using and then let us guide you through it using teamspeak?? I really think that will be the best and quickest option if you can do it.

Humour
04-09-2004, 05:43 PM
could it be worse...?:P

//gaidin

Yes it can m8, if you havent used a BIOS before I would suggest you dont, because if something goes wrong there the Mobo is dead unless you can find a flash rom chip for your Mobo and they are not easy to find in general.

Just my advise m8.

Kali
04-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey Gaiden, talking you threw it like gaz suggests is the safest way to help you.

You need to go in the Bios and make your CD rom the first boot device, so you can boot from your XP cd, Than you will have the option of formating the drive.

It is eazy to talk you trew it. :)

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Well, I guess we could try that. I have found the BIOS settings thought, and where to change the first boot device, but me getting scared by your posts:P

//Gaidin

crosskeeper
04-09-2004, 06:45 PM
ah its no big deal :)

you can always reset your bios :P

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 06:50 PM
I know...
because i did as rex told me, and then I came to the computers settings, and saw things i have never seen before:P
(me don't know what to do:()

//gaidin

crosskeeper
04-09-2004, 06:52 PM
just hop onto ts and im sure some1 will help ;)

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 09:51 PM
oh yea!!!
The computer is fixed, adn except some small issiues about some graphic installations everything is fixed. I did as you told me, did a little by myself and now i'm ready to rock:D

//Gaidin

Kali
04-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Great Gaidin! Glad you got it sorted out M8. :)

It feels good when you learn someting usefull dont it! :D

Now get your ass on line solgier :P

Gaidin
04-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes sir!:P
but I do need the information for ts again, because I lost it during the "reformat" thing:D
Now me will relax, being back in the loveboat;)

//Gaidin

Kali
04-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Just PM Gaz for your pass and conect info!

Cheers

Desperado
04-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Now Gaidin is officially no n00by anymore

Gaidin
05-09-2004, 07:35 AM
lol:D

//Gaidin

Gaidin
05-09-2004, 08:18 AM
oh...
Call me a n00by again, because I don't knwo what to do when this sign comes up:
"Can't start Kernel Mode Driver Service"
when I put a cd in the computer. The cd doesn't start either.
Bring me the experts again:D

//Gaidin

Rex Hunt
05-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Well done m8 its the only way to learn just jump in at the deep end.:)

Gaidin
05-09-2004, 02:10 PM
"Can't start Kernel Mode Driver Service"
that sign just comes up when i put in any "motherboard" cd.
and the problem here is that i haven't installed all the graphic cards things yet, so if any have any idea, it would be welcome.
(i'll be on ts later, looking for help:D)

//Gaidin