PDA

View Full Version : hacking!!!

Gaidin
06-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Lo again:D
This time, when i thought everything was fixed, it wasn't. I tried to update my graphic card (a geforce), and Kali gave me a link, which probably was great, but when i installed it, something happened.
Now, the intro to bf:v is lagging, and i can't get through it. Anyone have a clue, since clan matches are coming up and me wants the be on the dark side:P

//Gaidin

Kali
06-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry M8, i gave you the Nvidia Geforse site! You mite want to get another driver.

Check the manufacturor of your Video Card , go to thier website and download the driver there. Folowing the link for the O.S. you are useing and the model Number of your card.

Also to get rid of lag, check out my old post on Tweaking BFV, and do the audio tweak.

It gets rid of lots of lag.

Good luck.

Gaidin
07-09-2004, 06:41 AM
:D
Thanks m8;) I'll try real hard now to get this shit working
(i didn't blame you m8)

//Gaidin

Kali
07-09-2004, 08:34 AM
I know you dont M8, But drivers can be very fussy, you have to make shure you are getting the right ones.

Also read the requirments for the driver, some times it requires you to have a certain service pack installed for you O.S. in order to funktion correctly.

It can also be your sound card drivers as well, update those to.

And tweak the ingame settings also in BFV, that can also make a big differance regarding lag problems.

Cheers.

|FTA|Morbid
07-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Did you completely remove the old drivers before installing the new ones mate? I know this can cause problems, google for nvidia detonator driver remover, use that then reinatll the drivers matey, heres a programme after a quick google search.

nVidia's Detonator drivers are a superb piece of skillful engineering but have an inherent tendency to literally 'stick' with Windows. This can be judged by the fact that when you wish to update your Detonator drivers with the latest version available, and you uninstall the Detonator and begin to install the new version, Detonator stops saying that a previous version is still installed. Detonator R.I.P. comes to the rescue.

This free utility is designed to remove the remains of Detonator AFTER your have uninstalled the ‘nVdia Detonator/Display drivers’ from the Windows’s Add/Remove programs option in the Control Panel.

http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=603

cheers

Kali
07-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Nice one Morby :D

Gaidin
07-09-2004, 11:40 AM
i'll check it out;)

//Gaidin

ReduX
07-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Also, you dont want those crappy FMV's as they get caught up in your memory and hinder your game performance. Simple solution:

1/ Right click your BF:V shortcut and select 'Properties'

2/ In the box labelled 'Target' you should see something like the following:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe"

3/ Edit the path by putting ' +restart 1' (Without the quotes)

Your target path should now look like this:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1

(Of course yours will be somewhat different depending on where you installed the game to, so don't worry if it's not exactly the same :))

Gaidin
07-09-2004, 02:55 PM
ok...
I saw now that i have a ASUS VGA Driver, V251.
Should I download a update to that one then?
I also saw the my graphic card is Geforce4 Ti 4200 AGP8X. Anyone have a clue of what I should download?
I only found the same link that kali gave me, nothing more:S

//Gaidin

Bleak
07-09-2004, 05:43 PM
at i21 hellfish had a Geforce 4 Ti4200 in the machine i lent him with the latest nvidia drivers installed, and at the beginning he had problems with the loading screen and the game crashing. then i decided to install some geforce drivers that are about a year old and they worked fine with it. nvidia drivers are aimed more towards the newer geforceFX series and now the 6800's, unfortunately this means their drivers are working really badly with old games.

i think if you try redux's suggestion and put +restart 1 at the end of your target box it should work fine aswell, as there should be no problems after the loading screen.

Kali
07-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey Bro, Is this your Card?

http://usa.asus.com/vga/agpv9280/overview.htm

If so here are the Asus drivers for it here.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=V9280%20Series&Type=Latest&SLanguage=en-us

Try the Asus Driver and see how it goes it should solve your problem with the newer drivers :)