PDA

View Full Version : Network Card Required

krak3n
01-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi guys

My current network card the Netgear FA311 is developing problems and seems to be dieing on me rather quickly. Its basiclly causing windows to bail out on me especially when downloading large volums of data (most noticable with bit torrent downloads) and is now causing my PC t crash just logging into World of Warcrft.

After doing reaserch into the hardware it seems that although they say it supports windows XP its far from stable and many people seem to have problems with this card crashing their systems running windows XP.

So if anyone could recomend a new decent network card or possibly a solution to the problem i would love you for all eternity :)

thanks

krak3n

Humour
01-04-2005, 04:44 PM
You dont have one on-board on a gaming rig :eek:

I'd have to be honest, I have never actually thought that a bog standard PCI NIC would have OS issues, and I have bought and installed 10+ so far.

Personally I have always bought Belkin, have one at home right now for a rig Im looking to build for my cousin. Infact I've only bought Belkin NIC's and never had a problem with those to date.

With the above said I guess I can reccomend the Belkin :D F5D500 click here (http://shopping.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/do/search?siteSearchQuery=F5D5000&catId=100164013&x=18&y=2)

Hope this helps ;)

SLUggER{UK}
01-04-2005, 08:39 PM
m8, I have loads of NIC's nocking around, PM me your addy and I will stick a 3com PCI 10/100 in the post!

Hi guys

My current network card the Netgear FA311 is developing problems and seems to be dieing on me rather quickly. Its basiclly causing windows to bail out on me especially when downloading large volums of data (most noticable with bit torrent downloads) and is now causing my PC t crash just logging into World of Warcrft.

After doing reaserch into the hardware it seems that although they say it supports windows XP its far from stable and many people seem to have problems with this card crashing their systems running windows XP.

So if anyone could recomend a new decent network card or possibly a solution to the problem i would love you for all eternity :)

thanks

krak3n

StuntMonkey
01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah, likewise - if you need one. I have a couple of PCI 10/100 spare.
;)