PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Mr F's Stick Of Joy In £29.99 PC World SHOCKER!

Mr Footlong
11-01-2004, 12:18 PM
I was talking to a guy on the SAS forums about joysticks and said that I only found one joystick that for a normal pilot etc seemed spot on and had all sorts of cool advantages, my Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick and he seemed interested, so I had a look up at the current price at PCWORLD, where I grabbed my stick from. Now, I got mine for £40 and fealt that to be a bargain, but they are on sale currently at £29.99!!

I strongly urge any of you guys that are toying with the idea of getting a stick, but are not dedicated pilots to go out and have a look at one/ buy one.

For that money, you are getting a hell of a lot, trust me :D. The very, very best thing about it tho that you can stick it wherever the hell you want, it doesn't have to dominate your deskspace at all.

I will put up some more details on the stick shortly in the reviews/rec section.

Cheers,

Nick :)

|FTA|Morbid
11-01-2004, 02:05 PM
If your into flight sims i recommend x-plane. Play that and you'll soon see how good your joystick is! Its ultra realistic, who would've thought an f22-raptor would be so difficult to do a barrel roll in :? If u want a link ill get u one. Its a good game, just bleedin hard.

Humour
11-01-2004, 02:13 PM
How many of you have actually played and flying sims?

Well I have and done it for a decent amount of time, obviously I havent tried all the "flight sticks" out there, but the guys who I used to play with all concur on the one name as the best flight stick, especially for sims, and the daddy is: MS Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback.

Yes it costs a bit, but you know where your money has gone once you start using it. Nuff Said ;)

Mr Footlong
11-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Nah, remember I had 2, as I decided to give it another try after taking the first one back. They may well be good sticks, but they are big, heavy and need not 1, but 2 cables plugged in at all times. For Plane nuts furry muff, but for those of us that dabble and are half decent theis one that I have is truly excellent. I am far better with this stick than I ever was with either of my FF2 sticks.

Cheers,

Nick :)

|FTA|Morbid
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Ive pld flight sims on and off for a while. I used to play b17 flying fortress, a-10 tank killer and some others on the amiga. havent really played tthem for a while, kinda got bored with them. il-2 is damng good tho. Must get another copy of that.